Our Top Recommendation
- Porch swing kit contains 8-Feet of 2/0 double loop chain assembly and bolts
- Maximum load is 500-Pound
- Lag threaded bolts with nylon bearings for long life
If any of this sounds like you, then you’re in the right place. In this article, we’ll review five products that will help you find the perfect replacement chain for porch swing use in no time. You’ll be able to find the right length and durability for your specific type of swing, and you may even find something that will be a little bit more resistant to rust than your previous installation, too.
How To Choose A Heavy Duty Chain Set for Porch Swings
If you’re looking for a heavy duty chain set for your porch swing, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind. First, make sure you choose a set that will ship and deliver quickly. Returns should also be easy to process. Look for a hanging kit that comes with all the items you need, including hardware, and make sure to check if the company offers free shipping. Once you’ve received your chain set, inspect it thoroughly for any damage. If everything looks good, then you can proceed to attaching the chains to your swing. Be sure to follow the instructions carefully, and if you have any issues, don’t hesitate to reach out to customer service for help.
Here are a few more things to keep in mind:
- Check the delivery policy of the business from which you are considering purchasing a chain set. Some businesses will only ship within the contiguous United States, while others will ship worldwide. Additionally, check the business days that the company ships.
- Please see customer reviews to check if there have been any complaints about the quality of the chain set or the packaging. View the photo and description of the chain set to be sure that it is the correct size and style for your hammock or porch swing. Of course, If you have any questions about the chain set, please contact customer service before making your purchase.
- Some companies will accept returns for unused items in their original packaging, while others will not. Be sure to check the refund policy as well as the manufacturer’s warranty (when available) before making your purchase.
- Finally, remember that there are some things you can do to improve the longevity of your swing chain. Check out the end of this article for more tips on how to prevent rusting problems in the future.
Koch Industries Kit
Purchase the Koch Industries Kit and you’ll be hanging your new 8-footer in no time! This offer comes with the bolts and hooks required to install it correctly and is capable of holding up to 500 pounds of combined weight.
- Comes with bolts that include nylon bearings to help extend their life and usage.
- This is one of the most affordable high-quality choices on the market today.
- The kit doesn’t come with the porch hardware you’ll need, so you may have to buy it separate if you don’t already have it installed.
- Although these won’t rust for a while, they will still rust eventually without proper care.
Perfection Chain Products
If you’re looking for a durable choice to hang your swing, the Perfection Chain Products Set is a great offer for you. This offer is a little over eight feet in length and comes with hooks needed to hang it right out of the package. Made of galvanized steel, it will be doing its job for years with no worry.
- The product is high-quality and features heavy-duty links that won’t break or rust easily.
- A great length for just about any traditional porch heights.
- May not be long enough for very high porches, so you may need to buy extensions in some instances.
- Doesn’t come with the mounting hardware needed to install it.
Campbell Chain Assembly Kit
Use this Campbell Assembly Kit to enjoy a comfortable and safe swinging experience! This set comes with a zinc-plated steel chain and two hooks to make it easy to install quickly. They can hold up to 500 pounds including the weight of the swing.
- One of the best-selling swing chain products on the market today.
- Seven feet long and work well for most traditional porch heights.
- Don’t come with any mounting hardware other than the hooks, so you’ll need to buy this separately.
- Only comes in a bright silver finish.
Chain Swing Porch Set
With this Chain Swing Porch Set , you’ll receive the chain and hardware needed to hang a swing and support up to 550 pounds of weight (including the swing itself). This choice is high-quality and sturdy enough to last for many years to come. Made of galvanized steel, it comes in at about 10 feet in length.
- Easy to install and assemble quickly.
- The chain links are very thick and sturdy.
- May be too heavy-duty for some places, so be sure the beam you use for hanging is durable enough to hold it up.
- Rarely, some customers have received the wrong product when ordering this chain.
Barn Shed Play Heavy Duty Hanging Chain
Hang up your swing with the Barn Shed Play Heavy Duty Hanging Chain and enjoy the comfort and security of a swing that is sure to stay firmly in place for a long time to come. This choice comes with a rustproof zinc-plated chain and two hooks as well as the Y-assemblies needed to hang everything correctly.
- You can choose between an 8-foot, or a 10-foot variant for this set.
- The set is very easy to install in just a few short minutes.
- The product is not stainless, so it will still eventually rust, although it may take much longer.
- Only available in a very bright silver that some customers dislike.
Did you find the right replacement kit to fit your swing? It may not take too long to narrow down your choices, but you should be sure you’re paying close attention to the details of your existing swing and chain as well as the replacements you’re looking at. This way, you don’t have to worry about whether or not you’re choosing the right product the first time.
When it comes time to hang your new swing chain, remember that there are a few things you can do to prevent it from rusting as badly in the future. Keep these tips in mind to extend the life of your purchase:
- Keep your swing underneath the porch instead of out in the elements. If you have a freestanding swing, don’t move it around so that it’s in the sunlight, rain, snow, or ice.
- When the weather gets too cold to use the swing for several months, take it down and store it, and remove the chain as well.
- Always wipe down the chain when there’s been a heavy rain, especially if it isn’t going to get hot enough to dry it off very quickly afterward.
With the right maintenance, your chain can be an important part of your porch for a long time to come.
Last update on 2022-11-22 at 06:15 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.