See Our Review Selection:
If you’re looking for a replacement frame for your bench, this article can do just that! Today we will share with you a complete list of materials you will need as well as very easy to follow steps. We will also share with you some interesting images that you can use as a reference or as inspiration while making your own. Also, we review some great options, complete with price range, features and pros and cons, in case you’d rather buy it. So, whatever your needs, scroll down and read.
When shopping for a backyard patio furniture accessory like this, there are a few things to keep in mind. Think about what kind of frame you want. There are new and used options available, and you can find them at a variety of stores. Make sure your plan will make that family outdoor space as attractive as possible for everyone. Also consider the end result that you want. Do you want a kit that’s easy to assemble on your own, or do you want something more custom? Filter your choices by price and shipping options. Some frames come all put together with free shipping and really minimal setup, while others may require assembly. In the end, it’s never a bad idea to start by finding a design for the outdoors that you love. You can explore different styles online or in person. Once you’ve found the perfect frame, enjoy it for years to come!
Take a look at these options that you can easily buy online.
|Kingpatiofurniture Scandinavian Style Wood Porch Swing Stand for 4ft Swings Made in USA from...||22 Reviews|
This A-frame option is made with the help of select treated yellow pine. Zinc coated fasteners are used to make sure that the frame is sturdy and lasts long. This product can easily be moved from one place to another as long as there is a firm and flat surface. It is also easy to paint or stain. The dimensions are 73 inches height X 83 inches width X 53 inches and it can take a weight of up to 63 lbs.
- Lounge frame is very easy to put together
- Easy to understand frame instructions
- Sits firmly on different surfaces
- Sturdy frame
- Swing frame measurements are not accurate as described
|Lakeland Mills CF500 A-Frame Swing Mount (5'A)||351 Reviews|
This AA-frame frame will be perfect to set up a 5 feet seat. This product is made with the help of northern white cedar wood. This particular structure and it also comes with checking or cracks in most of the wood that is not something that signals damage, but is actually just a superficial thing. These cracks or checks can in fact give this cedar option its rustic beauty and charm. Cedar wood is naturally resistant to rot and damage from insects. It’s made in a heavy duty construction way that makes it very sturdy and will help it last for a long time without getting damaged. The dimensions are 70 X 87 X 64 inches and it can carry a maximum weight of about 600 lbs.
- Great look and style
- Comes with very easy to follow instructions
- Very easy to put together
- Comes with pre-drilled holes that act as reference
- Very solid build
- Holds paint and even stains very well
- Comes with all the hardware you may need to put it together
- Comfortable for kids as well as grown-ups
- Wood pieces may have cracks
- A bit small
|Ecommersify Inc Porch Swing Stand for 5 FT Swings A Frame - 800 lbs Capacity Made in USA from Select...||67 Reviews|
This product from Ecommersify Inc measures 62″ D X 81″ H x 109″ W and is around 100-115 lbs. It is mostly constructed of Pine. For years of swinging service, this A-frame is made of chosen, treated wood and galvanized fasteners. It can be moved around to suit different activities, and it’s resistant to mildew, fungal degradation, and termite damage. This A-frame lets you put your bench anywhere you want, whether it’s beside the poolside, along your garden pathway, in the yard, or in your hidden quiet cove. It’s easy to assemble and doesn’t require any anchoring, and made from Pine that has been pressure-treated to resist cracking, weather damage, and warping. This will be ideal for hanging a 5-foot lounge, and it’s simple to paint or stain. The pressure-treated wood posts are 4 x 4.
- Well-engineered and constructed of high-quality materials.
- Because it was largely pre-assembled, piecing it together with a partner was a breeze.
- Exceptional value.
- Some customer complaints about the assembly hardware was missing upon delivery but this is most likely a rare occurrence.
|VINGLI Upgraded Metal Porch Swing Stand with Antique Bronze Finish, Heavy Duty 660 LBS Weight...||895 Reviews|
This offer from Vingli can be ordered in bronze, is mostly constructed of metal and has a measurement of 69.3″x50″x71″. It’s the only metal option on our list. This stand is finished in an old bronze finish, making it more robust and stylish. It fits seats ranging in width from 39.5 to 59 inches and can endure almost any weather condition. The assembly will most likely require two individuals, and the entire operation should take no more than 10 minutes. The superior iron swing frame can support up to 660 pounds. That will undoubtedly complement the majority of products in the marketplace. One thing to keep in mind is that the finish on the body should not be damaged. The top section will take longer to install, but the rest of the pieces will go together quickly. It includes two bars on each end, which will obviously improve stability. Other identical stands have only one linking bar on each side, however this one has two for added stability.
- This is a beautiful and sturdy frame.
- The metal construction gives extra durability against the elements.
- Manufacturer was very responsive for customers who had issues with their purchase.
- Some customers reported having difficulty with the assembly of this product.
How to Make a Wood Frame for Yard Seat (DIY)
Here is a list of materials as well as step-by-step directions that can help you build your own bench frame:
List of materials needed:
- 4 pieces of lumber for the long base
- 2 pieces of lumber for the long posts
- 4 pieces of lumber for the long braces
- 1 piece of lumber for the top beam
- 4 pieces of lumber for the long braces
- Drilling machine
- Galvanized screws
- Waterproof glue
DIY Lawn Lounge Frame Guide (STEP B STEP):
WATCH IT HERE:
- Round the corners on the beams and use the sandpaper to smooth them.
- Drill the pilot holes and place the beams in the posts using the galvanized screws.
- Add some waterproof glue in the joints and ensure that the corners are square.
- Attach the braces on the base of the frame of the bench.
- Cut off both the ends of the braces at a 45 degree angle. Attach them to the stand.
- Drill pilot holes and attach them to the braces of the structure using screws.
- You will have to add waterproof glue in the joints.
- Use lumber to build the top beam.
- You will have to make two notches to the beams and use a chisel and sandpaper to smooth the recess.
- Now attach the top beam with the posts and put waterproof glue in the joints.
- Insert the screws into the vertical posts through the top beam.
- Make sure that the corners are square before you insert the screws.
- You will need about two screws (if required even more) for each joint. Also add enough waterproof glue so that they stay in place.
- Attach braces so that it adds extra support to the wooden frame.
- Cut the ends of the braces at a 45 degree angle.
- Attach it to the structure with the help of screws.
- Before you insert the screws, check that the corners are at a right angle.
Yard Lounge Frame Maintenance Tips
Once you have your lawn swing set, whether you have made the frame yourself or bought it online, here are a few tips that you can follow that can help to keep it in good condition for a longer period of time:
- Check the frame hardware on a regular basis to make sure that everything is in place and there is no risk of anything coming off.
- Replace the links on the chains the moment you notice any signs of damage on the frame.
- Use occasional sanding to remove any splinters from the frame wood.
Whether you are making a frame on your own or are buying directly from Amazon, make sure you regularly check the joints to ensure that it is safe for use.
You Might Also Like
Compare To Similar Products
5 Tips for Choosing the Perfect Garden Seat Support
- Choose a frame that is made of durable materials, such as metal or wood, to ensure it will last for years.
- Make sure the frame is large enough to accommodate your yard bench and any additional seating you may need.
- Look for frames with adjustable heights so you can customize the height of your lawn lounge.
- Check that the frame has a secure locking mechanism to keep it in place when not in use.
- Consider purchasing a frame with built-in storage space for extra convenience.
ALSO: Look for frames with weather-resistant finishes to protect them from outdoor elements!