Our Top Frame: Lakeland Mills A-Frame Porch Swing
Are you planning to make a porch swing frame yourself with DIY methods?
Do you want some easy to follow frame instructions that can help you make the type of porch swing you want?
Would you like to check out a few interesting ideas for inspiration, or check out a few swing frames you can easily buy online?
If any of the above things can be of any help to you, this article can do just that for you – help you with all your swing frame needs! Whether you want to build a frame from scratch or want to buy one online, read out all about it here.
Today we will share with you a complete list of frame materials you will need as well as very easy to follow steps. We will also share with you some interesting images for frames that you can use as a reference or as inspiration while making your own. Also, we review 3 swing frame products, complete with price range, features and pros and cons, in case you would rather buy it. So, whatever your needs, scroll down and read.
Porch Swing A-Frame Offers Online
Take a look at these frames that you can easily buy online.
Porch Swing Frame #1:
This A-frame option is made with the help of select treated yellow pine. Zinc coated fasteners are used to make sure that the frame is sturdy and lasts long. This frame can easily be moved from one place to another as long as there is a firm and flat surface. It is also easy to paint or stain. The dimensions of this frame are 73 inches height X 83 inches width X 53 inches and it can take a weight of up to 63 lbs.
Porch Swing Frame #2:
This AA-frame frame will be perfect to set up a 5 feet swing. This frame is made with the help of northern white cedar wood. This particular frame structure and it also comes with checking or cracks in most of the wood that is not something that signals damage, but is actually just a superficial thing. These cracks or checks can in fact give this cedar frame its rustic beauty and charm. Cedar wood is naturally resistant to rot and damage from insects. This frame is made in a heavy duty construction way that makes it very sturdy and will help it last for a long time without getting damaged. The dimensions of this frame are 70 X 87 X 64 inches and it can carry a maximum weight of about 600 lbs.
Porch Swing Frame #3:
This frame is made out of very strong steel tubing that makes it very sturdy and strong overall. This frame comes with a powder coating that can keep it protected against rust as well as will keep it protected against getting damaged from the weather. This frame is specifically designed in such a way that it can comfortably accommodate a lawn swing of up to 4 or 5 inches wide. This metal swing frame also comes with various bearings that will make it easier for you to put it together. The frame base is sturdy and is a four-poster that will prevent the swing frame from collapsing or tipping. This frame can take a weight of up to 600 lbs.
DIY Porch Swing Frame Plans
If you are planning to make a frame yourself, here are a few ideas that you can use as reference or inspiration:
1. Simple wooden A-frame
2. Basic frame
3. Simple wide frame
4. Wide A-frame
5. Swing frame with extend beam
How to Make a Wood Frame for Porch Swing (DIY)
Here is a list of materials as well as step-by-step directions that can help you build your own swing frame:
List of materials needed:
DIY Porch Swing Frame Guide (STEP B STEP):
WATCH IT HERE:
- 1Round the corners on the beams and use the sandpaper to smooth them.
- 2Drill the pilot holes and place the beams in the posts using the galvanized screws.
- 3Add some waterproof glue in the joints and ensure that the corners are square.
- 4Attach the braces on the base of the frame of the swing.
- 5Cut off both the ends of the braces at a 45 degree angle. Attach them to the stand.
- 6Drill pilot holes and attach them to the braces of the structure using screws.
- 7You will have to add waterproof glue in the joints.
- 8Use lumber to build the top beam.
- 9You will have to make two notches to the beams and use a chisel and sandpaper to smooth the recess.
- 10Now attach the top beam with the posts and put waterproof glue in the joints.
- 11Insert the screws into the vertical posts through the top beam.
- 12Make sure that the corners are square before you insert the screws.
- 13You will need about two screws (if required even more) for each joint. Also add enough waterproof glue so that they stay in place.
- 14Attach braces to the swing stand so that it adds extra support to the wooden frame.
- 15Cut the ends of the braces at a 45 degree angle.
- 16Attach it to the structure with the help of screws.
- 17Before you insert the screws, check that the corners are at a right angle.
What is a porch swing frame?
A porch swing frame is the frame that helps to hold on the swings that are placed on the floor. These are used to hang up the swing and provide them the support and balance needed.
Porch Swing Frame Maintenance Tips
Once you have your porch swing set, whether you have made the frame yourself or bought it online, here are a few tips that you can follow that can help to keep your frame in good condition for a longer period of time:
Whether you are making a frame on your own or are buying directly from Amazon, make sure you regularly check the joints to ensure that it is safe for use.
Last update on 2021-06-24 at 12:26 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.