See Our Review Selection:
Are you looking for a replacement porch swing stand frame for your swing?
Would you like to check out a few interesting swing stand A-frames you can easily order online?
Or perhaps you want some easy to follow porch swing stand instructions that can help you make your own custom swing stand?
If any of the above things can be of any help to you, this article can do just that for you – help you with all your swing frame stand needs! Whether you want to build a frame from scratch or want to buy one online, read out all about it here.
Today we will share with you a complete list of frame materials you will need as well as very easy to follow steps. We will also share with you some interesting images for frames that you can use as a reference or as inspiration while making your own. Also, we review porch swing stand frames, complete with price range, features and pros and cons, in case you would rather buy it. So, whatever your needs, scroll down and read.
A porch swing frame is the frame that helps to hold on the swings that are placed on the floor. These are used to hang up the swing and provide them the support and balance needed.
Take a look at these frames that you can easily buy online.
|Kingpatiofurniture Scandinavian Style Wood Porch Swing Stand for 4ft Swings Made in USA from...||22 Reviews|
This A-frame option is made with the help of select treated yellow pine. Zinc coated fasteners are used to make sure that the frame is sturdy and lasts long. This frame can easily be moved from one place to another as long as there is a firm and flat surface. It is also easy to paint or stain. The dimensions of this frame are 73 inches height X 83 inches width X 53 inches and it can take a weight of up to 63 lbs.
- Swing frame is very easy to put together
- Easy to understand frame instructions
- Sits firmly on different surfaces
- Sturdy frame
- Swing frame measurements are not accurate as described
|Lakeland Mills 5 Foot Wood Cedar Log A Frame Outdoor Porch Patio Yard Swing Mount Only, Nautral||322 Reviews|
This AA-frame frame will be perfect to set up a 5 feet swing. This frame is made with the help of northern white cedar wood. This particular frame structure and it also comes with checking or cracks in most of the wood that is not something that signals damage, but is actually just a superficial thing. These cracks or checks can in fact give this cedar frame its rustic beauty and charm. Cedar wood is naturally resistant to rot and damage from insects. This frame is made in a heavy duty construction way that makes it very sturdy and will help it last for a long time without getting damaged. The dimensions of this frame are 70 X 87 X 64 inches and it can carry a maximum weight of about 600 lbs.
- Great frame look and style
- Comes with very easy to follow frame instructions
- Very easy to put together
- Swing frame is of a high quality
- Comes with pre-drilled holes that act as reference
- Very solid frame build
- Swing frame holds paint and even stains very well
- Comes with all the hardware you may need to put it together
- Comfortable for kids as well as grown-ups
- Wood frame pieces may have cracks
- Swing frame is a bit small
|Ecommersify Inc Porch Swing Stand for 5 FT Swings A Frame - 800 lbs Capacity Made in USA from Select...|
This product from Ecommersify Inc measures 62″ D X 81″ H x 109″ W and is around 100-115 lbs. It is mostly constructed of Pine. For years of swinging service, this A-Frame is made of chosen, treated wood and galvanized fasteners. It can be moved around to suit different activities, and it’s resistant to mildew, fungal degradation, and termite damage. This A-frame lets you put your swing anywhere you want, whether it’s beside the poolside, along your garden pathway, in the yard, or in your hidden quiet cove. It’s easy to assemble and doesn’t require any anchoring, and made from Pine that has been pressure-treated to resist cracking, weather damage, and warping. This will be ideal for hanging a 5-foot swing, and it’s simple to paint or stain. The pressure-treated wood posts are 4 x 4.
- The swing frame is plainly well-engineered and constructed of high-quality materials.
- Because the frame was largely pre-assembled, piecing it together with a partner was a breeze.
- Exceptional value.
- Some customer complaints about the assembly hardware was missing upon delivery but this is most likely a rare occurrence.
|VINGLI Upgraded Metal Porch Swing Stand with Antique Bronze Finish, Heavy Duty 660 LBS Weight...||745 Reviews|
This offer from Vingli can be ordered in bronze, is mostly constructed of metal and has a measurement of 69.3″x50″x71″. It’s the only metal option on our list. This swing chair stand is finished in an old bronze finish, making it more robust and stylish. It fits swings ranging in width from 39.5 to 59 inches and can endure almost any weather condition. The assembly will most likely require two individuals, and the entire operation should take no more than 10 minutes. The superior iron swing frame can support up to 660 pounds. That will undoubtedly complement the majority of products in the marketplace. One thing to keep in mind is that the finish on the body should not be damaged. The top section will take longer to install, but the rest of the pieces will go together quickly. The swing stand includes two bars on each end, which will obviously improve stability. Other identical stands have only one linking bar on each side, however this one has two for added stability.
- This is a beautiful and sturdy frame.
- The metal construction gives extra durability against the elements.
- Manufacturer was very responsive for customers who had issues with their purchase.
- Some customers reported having difficulty with the assembly of this product.
How to Make a Wood Frame for Porch Swing (DIY)
Here is a list of materials as well as step-by-step directions that can help you build your own swing frame:
List of materials needed:
- 4 pieces of lumber for the long base
- 2 pieces of lumber for the long posts
- 4 pieces of lumber for the long braces
- 1 piece of lumber for the top beam
- 4 pieces of lumber for the long braces
- Drilling machine
- Galvanized screws
- Waterproof glue
DIY Porch Swing Frame Guide (STEP B STEP):
WATCH IT HERE:
- Round the corners on the beams and use the sandpaper to smooth them.
- Drill the pilot holes and place the beams in the posts using the galvanized screws.
- Add some waterproof glue in the joints and ensure that the corners are square.
- Attach the braces on the base of the frame of the swing.
- Cut off both the ends of the braces at a 45 degree angle. Attach them to the stand.
- Drill pilot holes and attach them to the braces of the structure using screws.
- You will have to add waterproof glue in the joints.
- Use lumber to build the top beam.
- You will have to make two notches to the beams and use a chisel and sandpaper to smooth the recess.
- Now attach the top beam with the posts and put waterproof glue in the joints.
- Insert the screws into the vertical posts through the top beam.
- Make sure that the corners are square before you insert the screws.
- You will need about two screws (if required even more) for each joint. Also add enough waterproof glue so that they stay in place.
- Attach braces to the swing stand so that it adds extra support to the wooden frame.
- Cut the ends of the braces at a 45 degree angle.
- Attach it to the structure with the help of screws.
- Before you insert the screws, check that the corners are at a right angle.
Porch Swing Frame Maintenance Tips
Once you have your porch swing set, whether you have made the frame yourself or bought it online, here are a few tips that you can follow that can help to keep your frame in good condition for a longer period of time:
- Check the frame hardware on a regular basis to make sure that everything is in place and there is no risk of anything coming off.
- Replace the links on the chains the moment you notice any signs of damage on the frame.
- Use occasional sanding to remove any splinters from the frame wood.
Whether you are making a frame on your own or are buying directly from Amazon, make sure you regularly check the joints to ensure that it is safe for use.
You Might Also Like
Compare To Similar Products
Last update on 2022-08-11 at 20:55 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.