Are you thinking of building yourself a porch swing fire pit?
Do you want to use your empty outdoor space to create a fun gathering area?
Are you looking for easy to follow instructions that can help you make a porch swing fire pit by yourself?
If relaxing with your family or friends on a cold night by the fire is something that interests you, having a porch swing fire pit can turn that into a reality. But, how do you really make such a big thing on your own? And is it really worth all the effort to take on such a project?
If you are ready to read this article till the end, the answer could be a Yes! Today, we are sharing with you detailed instructions on how you can build your very own porch swing fire pit by yourself. We will share all the materials and equipment that you may need. Not just that, we will also tell you how you can pick the best spot in your home to build one, so that not only is it easy to make, but it will also be convenient to use. So, without waiting, let’s get started.
What is a porch swing firepit? How does it work?
The name porch swing firepit combines both the ‘porch swing’ and the ‘fire pit’ and in reality, the porch swing fire pit also combines the fun and ease of both these outdoor experiences.
How do you make a porch swing firepit?
Check out our easy to follow and practical steps that will help you make a DIY porch swing fire pit all by yourself!
Swing Fire Pit Tutorial [*STEP-BY-STEP*]
Tools & Equipment
Step-By-Step Instructions (DIY)
- 1Measure everything from the centre point with the help of outside dimensions.
- 2Distance to the outside edge of each post from the centre point has to be little less than each beam’s length.
- 3Make the cuts at 30 degree on each beam.
- 4Create the hexagon first.
- 5Make a smaller hexagon that will fit over the first one.
- 6Make the holes on the ground approximately 3 feet deep and place the beams.
- 7Place the hexagon on top of the beams to act as overhead support.
- 8Place the long beams at the back of each vertical beam to act as support.
- 9Place the smaller hexagon on top of the larger one.
- 10Now create the fire pit in the centre.
Where To Build Your Firepit Swings?
What you are building is a space that has fire in the centre, so make sure there is enough distance between each porch swing and the fire pit, so that, even as it warms you up on a cold night, there is no safety risk from the fire.