See Our Outdoor Patio Porch Swing Bench Selection:
What is a porch glider swing?
How is it different from a traditional porch swing?
Is it common to see one used these days?
A glider is a little bit more like a bench than a swing. It’s designed to move back and forth on a glider mechanism rather than swinging back and forth on chains. It stands on its own and comes with the glider mechanism already built into the product.
This is quite different from a traditional swing since it sits lower to the ground and doesn’t require mounting from the ceiling in order to use it. However, a glider has its place on certain homes or patios, even though it is not very common to encounter it.
If you’re thinking of bringing home a glider, we’ve got you covered. Below, you can find reviews for five of the best quality gliders on the market today. No matter what style you’re looking for, you can easily find a great solution from the items on our list below.
Take your time and check out these products to help you get started. In no time, you’re sure to find the right glider and bring home something that will make your home or patio much more comfortable than ever before!
Our Choice Recommendation: Giantex Glider
|Giantex Outdoor Glider Bench w/Steel Frame Patio Glider Loveseat Porch Swing Bench with Ergonomic...||258 Reviews|
When you need a glider that’s low-cost but still very durable, you may want to check out the Giantex Glider Chair . This product is made with a durable steel frame to help it hold up to weather as well as a more comfortable plastic back and seat you’ll want to sit on all day long.
- This product can hold up to 600 pounds of weight between up to two adults.
- The product is designed to be ergonomically comfortable and cozy.
- Many customers report the back of the seat being too steep for long-term use.
- This product is challenging to put together and may arrive with holes drilled in the wrong places.
Option #2. Sundale Glider
|Sundale Outdoor Porch Glider Rocker Chair, Wicker Outdoor Glider, 2 Person Outdoor Bench Loveseat...||153 Reviews|
This black wicker Sundale Outdoor Glider Bench features a steel glider frame with a powder-coated finish to make it more durable in all types of weather. The seats and back are covered with wicker rattan and are lightweight and airy enough for comfort in the hotter parts of the year, but waterproof enough to use in the rain as well.
- This product can hold up to 550 pounds of weight.
- The product also comes in other styles to choose from.
- The instructions are very difficult for some customers to follow.
- The product frame may arrive scratched or damaged cosmetically.
Option #3. Jack Post Glider
|JACK-POST CG-12Z Country Garden Double Glider with Trays, Bronze||568 Reviews|
The Jack Post Country Garden Double Glider with Trays is a garden-style glider with an iron frame and wooden slats on the back and seat. This style looks great in many traditional or older-fashioned yards and patios, and the product is lightweight and delicate enough to match many types of styles.
- The product comes with built-in side trays for cups, books, food, or anything else you might bring outside with you.
- This product is designed to move easily back and forth without much effort.
- This product takes a long time to put together.
- This product may arrive missing pieces or drilled incorrectly.
Option #4. Kilmer Creek Glider
|5 Foot Natural Cedar Porch Glider, Amish Crafted||330 Reviews|
If you’re looking for a glider you can stain or finish yourself, check out the Kilmer Creek Natural Cedar Glider . This product is made of red cedar, which is sure to last a long time in the outdoors. It is pre-assembled to make putting together even easier, and it’s as comfortable as it is timeless in its design.
- The product is rounded on all the edges to prevent any splinters or other injuries from the exposed wood.
- This product is very easy to stain or paint and finish as desired.
- Some customers report this product creaking a lot when in use.
- This product may arrive missing hardware.
Option #5. CAF Glider
|CAF Amish Heavy Duty 800 Lb Mission Pressure Treated Porch Glider (4 Foot, Dark Walnut Stain)||192 Reviews|
Choose between four different colors or an unfinished product option when you go with the CAF Amish Heavy Duty Pressure Treated Glider . This product is made of pressure treated pine and is handmade with lots of attention to detail and durability. This product is assembled with stainless steel hardware for longer lasting use.
- The stains used on this product are eco-friendly and soy-based.
- This product can hold up to 800 pounds of weight.
- This product is very difficult for some customers to put together.
- This product may be too rough due to its natural wood materials for some customers.
Why is a glider a great choice?
Were you able to find a product that will work well for your needs? There are plenty of beautiful and high-quality products available on the market, even if you’re looking for something that glides rather than actually swinging. These bench-style glider seats are sure to help keep you comfortable and content any time you want to sit outside and enjoy the fresh air. No matter which one of the items from our list you pick, you’ll be able to bring home something that will make a positive difference in no time.
But why would you really want something like this? When is it better than a traditional one? Here are a few situations in which you might need to use a glider instead of a traditional swing:
- If you have trouble pushing yourself but still want to be able to swing, a glider may be a good choice. This is especially true of older people with reduced strength or mobility issues, but it may also be true of anyone who has an injury, illness, or other condition that can impact motion.
- If you are concerned about kids falling, you might need a glider instead. Just remember that these products do have working parts that little fingers can get caught in, so you still need to supervise your kids when they’re playing around or on a glider as well.
- If your porch does not have support beams that can hold significant weight, a glider may be a better option. This is also true if you’re looking for something you can use on a patio instead of hanging it, too. Larger customers or anyone who wants to share the space with more than one adult may want to consider one to remove the risk of the support beams being too weak to hold the swing as well as all the people in it.
Of course, you might have many other situations in which you’re looking for a glider. No matter why you’re considering this type of product, you’re sure to be happy with any of the options from our list above! Pick from our choices and bring home a beautiful and stylish new swing that will make a world of difference on your front or back porch.
You Might Also Like
Compare To Similar Home Outdoor Glider Products
Last update on 2022-08-11 at 20:55 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.