Are you looking for a fun porch swing for your little munchkin? Do you want something that will work on a porch or can also be set up on a tree in the backyard? Do you want to find out some of the best and safest porch swings that you can get for your little one?
When buying something for your baby, safety and comfort is the top priority. But what if there are multiple options? How do you know which one will be perfect? Well, if you are out to buy one, we can help you here today.
In this article, we are sharing our top picks of the most popular baby porch swings that you can buy online. We will share detailed reviews for each, along with their pros and cons. Not just that, we also share a few very important safety tips that you need to keep in place. So, without any more delay, swing right into it!
Our Choice Recommendation: Secure Canvas Baby Swing with Safety Belt
- 🎁SECURITY UPGRADE: HAPPYPIE canvas baby swing comes with safety belt. The safety belt ensures that your baby...
- 🎁ATTRACTIVE DESIGN: This toddler canvas swing seat is equipped with adjustable and wear-resistant ropes.The...
- 🎁SATISFACTORY QUALITY: This baby indoor swing made of soft 100% cotton canvas fabric, quick dismantle and easy...
This cute porch swing comes with adjustable ropes that can range in length from 49 to 57 inches. It also comes with a detachable cushion that will keep your baby comfortable and can also be cleaned easily. The swing is made out of wood and canvas to give your little one a soft and sturdy feel. It is especially designed for babies and toddlers between the ages of 6 months and 3 years. You can easily hang it from the ceiling or from a tree in your backyard. It is fully enclosed on the sides and back to keep your children safe. It can take a maximum weight of up to 150 lbs. Dimensions are 15.74 inches length X 63 inches height X 15.74 inches width.
- Deep seat.
- Plenty of room
- Hardware included.
- Too much gap for very young kids.
Option #2. Ecotribe Wooden Unicorn Toddler Swing
This swing uses eco-friendly and chemical-free materials that are safe for toddlers and babies. It is made with natural materials such as varnished solid birch wood and sturdy cotton ropes. The cute unicorn design will make it amusing for babies. The bucket seat has full surround support with enough room to grow through the years. All edges are rounded and smoothed. It comes with all the required hardware to make it easier to install. The swing can take a weight of up to 20 kg and is perfect for babies from 6 months to 3 years old. Dimensions are 17 inches X 11 inches X 11 inches and the hang length for the rope is 78 inches.
- Extra rope.
- Stains evenly.
- Multiple hanging options.
- Narrow seating.
- Difficult to get child in and out.
Option #3. Ancheer Toddler Swing Seat
This swing chair has a higher back and uses durable EVA and polyethylene material for extra safety . It also uses 60 inch steel chains that keep it sturdy. The seat has a 24 inch plastic coating to make it more comfortable and safer for your little one. It can be used for indoor and outdoor use. It is designed for babies to use from 9 months to 3 years of age. Dimensions are 11.5 inches length X 10.9 inches width X 9 inches height.
- Plenty of room.
- Easily hangs from a tree.
- Starts to rust.
- Not the best for infants.
Option #4. Indoor Nutmeg Fabric Baby Swing
This handmade swing is made out of fabric and can be used both indoors and outdoors . It is perfect for babies who can sit up on their own and is CPSIA compliant. It has also been tested for safety. The swing comes fully assembled with all required hardware. Dimensions are 14.33 inches width X 12 inches height X 14.33 inches length.
- Soft fabric.
- Ready to use.
- Sturdy yet soft ropes.
- None as yet.
Option #5. Baby KEA Swing, Burgandy
This swing is made of wood and canvas and is suitable for babies from 6 months to 3 years old. It is weatherproof and can be used both indoors and outdoors. It has spring loaded clips that make it easy for the swing to move. You can easily shift it from one location to the other. The flat seat will improve posture and prevent the base from hurting your child’s legs. It can take a weight from minimum 12 pounds to 66 pounds. Dimensions are 15.7 inches X 15.3 inches X 3 inches.
- Well made.
- Smooth fabric.
- Easy to set up.
- May not suit all budgets.
Option #6. Wood Toddler Swing with Child Safety Bar
This wooden swing is handcrafted from cypress wood . It has a 10 foot rope on each side for safety. The edges are rounded and sanded to keep them smooth. It comes with 2 rope clamps to easily install. Dimensions are 17 inches length X 13 inches width X 14 inches height.
- Easy to put up.
- Sturdy wood.
- Some rough edges.
This is made of high quality EVA and polyethylene material . The high back will keep your little one supported. It has connectors to easily attach the swing and can be used indoors and outdoors. The chains are covered with plastic to prevent rusting. It can take a maximum weight of up to 150 pounds. Dimensions are 11.5 inches length X 10.9 inches width X 9 inches height.
- Easy attaching and detaching.
- Looks just as shown.
What age should your child be to use a porch swing?
It is no surprise that babies love to be on the swing. But when is it really safe to put your little one in a swing?
- If your your little one has good head and neck control, then it is a good time to place him or her in the swing.
- Also, by around the sixth month, your little one will be able to sit better, especially with support, which means you can place him or her in the swing.
5 Baby Safety Tips for Porch Swings
Once you get the porch swing for your little one, it is important that you, or the main caregivers, also put equal importance on your child’s safety, while in the swing.
- 1One of the things to make sure is to get a swing that is age-appropriate for your little one.
- 2Check that it is in good condition and that there are no signs of wear and tear on the chain, rope or the back and seat.
- 3Look for any sharp or rough edges that could potentially hurt your child.
- 4Once you seat your little one in, check that your he or she is getting enough support at the back.
- 5Make sure that a parent, caregiver or a responsible and alert adult is always with your little one and can spot signs of discomfort. In such a case, remove your child from the swing immediately.
Last update on 2022-08-11 at 19:18 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.