See Our Review Selection:
How many people can sit on a 4 ft porch swing?
Is this a big enough swing or two or even three?
Is this the ideal size for a small porch?
If you have a small porch, you may be wondering if a porch swing is really an option for you. A porch without a lot of width to work with can be tricky when it comes to finding the perfect swing, but it’s not impossible! You just need to make sure you’re looking for the right size swing to get the job done.
A smaller porch can work very well with a 4-foot porch swing. This size is usually perfect for one person to have plenty of room, or two people to sit together closely instead. It may not be large enough for three people unless one of those people is a child.
In this article, we’ll show you five beautiful porch swings that fall into the four-foot size range. This way, you’ll be able to take your time and check them out to find one that will work for your needs. Although finding the right swing for a porch that isn’t very large may take some time, you should find something perfect from our list below.
Check out this swing and you’ll be sure to bring home a swing that’s beautiful, durable, and the perfect size for your porch in no time.
Our Choice Recommendation: 4ft Coral Coast Pleasant Bay Porch Swing
|Coral Coast Coral Coast Pleasant Bay Curved Back Painted Porch Swing, Black, Painted Wood, 4 ft.||39 Reviews|
Set up the Coral Coast Pleasant Bay Porch Swing for a sleek, modern swing that will look beautiful on your front or back porch. This swing is painted black for a durable and long-lasting finish and comes with everything you need to put it in place securely in no time.
- This swing is made from acacia wood that is eco-friendly and environmentally sourced.
- The product is easy to keep clean and maintained by simply wiping it down as needed.
- Some customers report this swing only lasting a couple of years.
- The swing may arrive cracked or damage in some rare instances.
Option #2: 4 ft Cypress Lumber
|Ecommersify Inc 4 Feet Ft Made in The USA Cypress Lumber Roll Back Porch Swing with Rot-Resistant...||60 Reviews|
The rollback design of the 4 ft Cypress Lumber Porch Swing provides a quaint accent to any porch. This swing is timeless in its design and is comfortable for anyone in the family to sit on and enjoy. It features wide, safe slates that are sanded down to prevent splinters or cuts from their sharp edges, so it’s okay for the little ones to use this swing as well. All of the hardware is zinc-plated to provide as much durability and longevity as possible.
- This swing can hold up to 500 pounds and can hold one or two people safely.
- The swing comes almost completely pre-assembled, so all you have to do is attach the back to the seat and then put on the arms.
- The included directions are minimal and can be confusing.
- The swing may arrive missing some pieces.
Option #3: Porchgate Amish-Made Mission White Porch Swing
|Porchgate Amish Made Mission White Porch Swing (4 Foot)||60 Reviews|
For a more country style than some of the other swings on our list may provide, consider the Porchgate Amish Made Mission White Porch Swing . This cute swing looks like it’s ready to sit on the front porch of a traditional country home. It comes in a five-foot option as well if your porch needs something slightly wider, but the four-foot option can be a perfect solution for many small porches. This swing is made of yellow pine and is designed to hold up to lots of exposure to the weather and elements.
- This swing is finished and painted in a white acrylic paint that is resistant to damage related to weather.
- The swing can hold up to 500 pounds of weight between two people.
- This swing may take a little while to assemble.
- The swing is quite heavy and you may need help hanging it.
Option #4: Amish Heavy Duty Roll Back Treated Porch Swing
|Amish Casual Heavy Duty 800 Lb Roll Back Treated Porch Swing with Hanging Chains (4 Foot, Semi-Solid...||317 Reviews|
This stylish Amish Heavy Duty Roll Back Treated Porch Swing is built in a classic design that looks beautiful no matter what type of décor your porch may have. This swing comes with the chains you need to hang it and features a gently sloping rolled back and seat design to keep you comfortable and provide plenty of ergonomic seating for you and a guest, too. This beautiful swing is easy to hang and can be purchased in a natural finish to stain and paint yourself if you prefer.
- Aside from the natural finish option, this swing also comes in four other finished and painted colors to add some charm and elegance to your porch.
- The swing is made from kiln-dried pine, which provides lots of durability and safety as well.
- The wood may arrive cracked and damaged in some rare instances.
- The swing may not have aligning screw holes.
Option #5: 4’ Natural Cedar Porch Swing
|Kilmer Creek E-BigSale 4' Natural Cedar Porch Swing, Amish Crafted - Includes Chain & Springs||317 Reviews|
This beautiful 4’ Natural Cedar Porch Swing gives you everything you’re looking for and more in an elegant and timeless swing design. It’s made of durable cedar that can hold up well to exposure to the elements, and it comes with the chains you need to hang it safely as well. This swing features a very simple design with a carved and accented top piece and a slatted back and seat. The seat is rounded to allow plenty of room for your legs to be comfortable when you use the swing, too.
- This product is easy to put together even though it does not come pre-assembled in any way.
- The swing features a design that fits in well with most existing porches.
- You will need to stain this swing before hanging it.
- The included instructions may be difficult to understand without prior swing assembly experience.
Get Your 4 ft. Porch Swings For Sale Today
Did you find some great swings to choose from? Or are you still not sure you like any of those listed above? Is this a common porch swing size, or will you have some trouble finding it? Are these the only options out there? If you’re looking for a four-foot porch swing, you may need to look a little harder than you would with some larger and more common sizes. With that said, however, it’s not impossible to find swings in this size, and they are often readily available in stores and other locations that sell a wide variety of porch swings. As long as you are flexible in terms of style, you should be able to find one easily.
When you pick one of the swings from the swing list above, be sure you’re prepared to hang it. Hanging a porch swing is not easy, even when it’s a smaller swing, and you may want to consider having some help from another capable adult in order to complete the job. Don’t forget, too, that some of these swings may need to be sanded and painted before you can use them, depending on which ones you go with.
With the right planning and safe hanging practices, you’ll be well on your way to enjoying your new porch swing!
You Might Also Like
Compare To Similar Products
Last update on 2022-08-11 at 19:52 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.